Linear Actuator & XYZ Positioning Stage
A linear actuator, which is used to perform rectilinear motion, typically consists of a servo motor to provide rotation movement, a transmission mechanism to transfer the rotation to linear movement, and several optoelectronic switches to limit the position of the end component or provide external position feedback signals.
Assembling three linear actuators orthogonally creates an XYZ positioning stage, which provides multi-axis motion in three linear degrees of freedom (X, Y, and Z). The XYZ positioning stage is widely used in precise automation applications such as 3D printers, CNC machines, and industrial manufacturing.
Take 3D printers as an example. A standard 3D printer uses the XYZ positioning stage to move its nozzle in a combination of these three directions. The locus of motion is separately controlled by the X, Y, and Z axes’ servo motors. Therefore, the thermoplastic material use to create the finished object can be built according to the preset model or its G code and finally create the desired finished product.
EZmotion’s all-in-one servo motors function as the drive component of linear actuators. Various product series are offered to meet different communication requirements, such as the SSD series for general I/O, the SRS series for RS485, and the SCN series for CAN. As designs need to become even more compact, with less wiring and lower cost, EZmotion’s servo motor products are the perfect choice to design and build affordable, lightweight, desktop-level XYZ positioning devices.
Features & Benefits:
- High position resolution (up to 0.2°), which helps enable precise automation
- Supports homing (HM), cyclic synchronous positioning (CSP), cyclic synchronous velocity (CSV), and cyclic synchronous torque (CST) control modes
- Supports major industrial field buses, including RS485 , CAN, and EtherCAT for multi-axis synchronization
- Programmable I/Os for the negative limit, positive limit, and homing input
- Highly dynamic position, speed, and torque control performance
- Integrated AccuFilter and notch filter minimize noise and vibration
- More compact design with less wiring and a lower price
- Higher integration and availability allows for easy assembly
- Supports customization to meet individual requirements
Validate your login
Log in to your account
Create New Account